Friday, November 5, 2010

Chocolate Pumpkins

Oh, my, goodness people!  You MUST try the Chocolate-Pumpkin Cupcakes from Country Living (Recipe Below)!  They are definitely to die for!  They are some of the best cupcakes I have ever eaten!  I am posting a couple pictures.  The frosting is not applied very fancily as my handy dandy fancy frosting "machine" broke already even though it's only the second time I've used it.  Guess I'll have to find something else!

If you're looking for a cupcake that tastes like pumpkin, this is not the one.  But, it is still a fabulous must have!  The icing is also amazing!  Think whip cream - chocolate cream cheese fusion!  It's unexplainable how delicious they are.  Seriously.

A couple of changes to the recipe posted below though.  I forgot to add the temperature: 375.  Also, I used 8oz cream cheese instead of 6 in the frosting and I used the whole can of pumpkin, not just 1 cup.  And they only take 15-18 minutes to bake so it's a quick bake in the oven.  There's a lot of batter so your total number should be roughly 30 cupcakes.  We made 24 regular sized cupcakes and three jumbo.  The jumbo cupcakes do take about 25 minutes to bake.  Here are the photos.  Enjoy!  And again, if you try them, we'd love your feedback too!

Regular sized cupcake

And Jumbo Cupcake!

4 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

make mine a JUMBO! now that's what i'm talkin about!

if we lived any closer, i'd drive right on over every time you posted on here. what a shame you live so far.

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

I wish! That would be awesome! I brought a bunch to work this weekend and I could barely get rid of them! Almost everyone turned their noses up at them and might as well have said, "I don't want your stinkin' cupcakes lady!"

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

gosh, it's like this whole blog is just taunting me. i'm on vacay and i just had to check in to see if you posted any new cupcakes. staaaalllllkkkkkerr. or maybe just a sugar addict.

i didn't see any new posts in my feed, but i thought-surely my feed is broken and she posted something but delicious that i'm missing right now

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

I know! I'm sorry! Busy week but there will be a new post tomorrow I promise! I should see if I can ship you some one of these times! Oh, and I'm doing vanilla this week.