Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

So, I decided to try another vanilla cupcake recipe because I was disappointed in my last attempt at them.  I got this recipe from Who You Callin' Cupcake?  It's by Michelle and Vinny Garcia and I LOVE this recipe!  It tasted great and it was pretty simple to make and quick to bake.  I used the additional vanilla extract option as I did not have any vanilla beans.

Ingredients:

*1 2/3 cups sugar
*1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
*1 TBSP baking powder
*1 1/2 tsp salt
*1 cup butter
*1/2 cup skim milk, divided
*2 eggs
*1 TBSP vanilla extract
*2 vanilla beans, scraped (or 2 additional TBSP vanilla extract)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with liners.  In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Combine the dry ingredients and the butter in the bowl of a standing mixer (or a nice big bowl with your handy dandy handheld electric mixer on the ready if you're me :) and mix on low speed until the butter is completely mixed in and there is a mealy consistency.  Add 1/4 cup of the milk and mix slowly to make a past.  This will break up any lumps that are trying to form.  In a separate medium bowl, combine the eggs with the rest of the mil, and the vanilla extract, and vanilla beans (if you're using them) and slowly pour the mixture into the batter in the standing mixer.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on high for about 10 seconds.  With an ice cream scoop, fill the cups in the cupcake pan about 3/4 full and bake for 10-15 minutes (mine took about 15 minutes exactly).  The cupcakes will just be slightly golden.  Do not overbake!

Yield is supposed to be 12 cupcakes but my yield was 16 and probably could have been 17-18 if I hadn't overfilled a couple!

These are supposed to keep in an airtight container in the fridge for three days.

I did not make my own frosting for these this time as I had some store bought that I needed to use up.

Like I said, these are delicious (very vanilla-ey) and I'll definitely be making them again in the future!  Here are some photos:

Unfrosted, golden delicious


Frosted with a fudge icing

1 comment:

Pretty. Good. Food. said...

Classic but yummy, I love it :)